Yeah keeping this blog updated went as well as I thought. Not at all.....Really not a whole lot has changed in the almost year that it has been since I have posted.
We had a new addition to the family Daisy our Golden Retriever. We had been talking about getting a dog for a while and we had decided that we would get one around my birthday which pleased Nick to no end cause that would take him off the hook of coming up with a present :) Well excitment got the best of me and we ended up bringing her home at the end of April. There were some growing pains with her and Sophie but I think we are over the hurdle and they are becoming closer and closer every day.
Nick is as busy as ever with work. Always has ideas on how to improve things and make more money. What is nice though is we (we meaning him) finally seem to have a system with truck maintence so we are having more non-FedEx related time off together.
I got a job at Nordstrom's in the Kidswear department right before Thanksgiving and I am really liking it. It is dangerous for me to work in that department with all of the cute clothes that we have I have to give myself a daily reminder that she has enough clothes right now.
I am still in school still trucking a long I will be so glad when I am done.
Sophia is the light of our lives. I tell Nick all the time that she has always had such a cute personality but it really starting to shine more and more. For her 3rd birthday she got a bunk bed that she loves. We didn't put the bottom bunk in and her toys are under there and she is able to play under there. One nice thing is that she can not get down by herself so are not having any more in the middle of the night visits :) She is FULLY POTTY TRAINED!!!!!!!!!!!! It is so nice not having any diapers to change any more! Not even pull ups. We were still doing pull ups at night and had planned on doing it for a while since she is not able to get down off of her bed yet and she sometimes wait to the last minute to tell us that she had to go potty which I could see resulting in a not so nice wake up call in the middle of the night. Anyway we were doing pull ups at night and she was waking up dry 98% of the time. One Thursday about a month ago her mom told us that she had been wearing panties to bed so we had her wear panties to bed here as well and haven't looked back since!
I really can't belive how much and how fast she is growing up. She can almost completely get herself dressed and undressed the only problem we are having is getting her shirt off but we are working on it. Any pointers would be appreciated! She starts preschool in September and I am so excited to see how she will develop and how much she will learn!
We are trucking along with the wedding. We have the invites picked out, the save the dates should be in the mail by Friday, we picked out the tuxes, the girls should be ordering their dresses soon, just checking things off the list!
I promise that I am going to try harder to keep this updated! Try being the important word!
No comments:
Post a Comment